Knock Out-Cut Off Operator - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Check all tags for proper identification.
- Remove test material and place in tray with mold tag for kevex check; run kevex unit when required.
- Knock out mold with automatic air hammer, hand, waterjet blast.
- Start routing card process.
- Stamp heat number on casting for identification, record lot control as required.
- Cut-off castings, trim excess gatings.
- Lift and dump 55 gallon barrels containing molds.
- Visually inspect work for obvious defects.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Record on a daily basis all work performed by operational codes.
- Keeps work area clean, orderly, and in safe condition, following all safety rules.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment, strongly preferred.
- Previous casting experience preferred.
- Ability to bring your best self every day to meet and exceed production and quality standards.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- A passion for creating products that help power the world
- Strong written and verbal communication
- U.S. Person's status is required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
- Must pass a pre-employment background check