With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
2017 marks the 50 year anniversary of PB Fasteners. Founded by Paul R. Briles, PB Fasteners specializes in the manufacture of airframe structural nuts & bolts. PB Fasteners is best known for our developed Taper-Lok® and SLEEVbolt® fastening systems, which are used to enhance structural performance and manage electromagnetic effects in composite and multi-metal structure. PB Fasteners also manufactures fuse pins, screws, and nuts on a build-to-print basis in its 95,000 sq. ft. facility in Gardena, California.
PB Fasteners is devoted to manufacturing high-strength aerospace fasteners. Our experienced staff are determined not just to keep abreast of technology, but to be among those who increasingly add to it.
Gardena, CA 90249
The Controller is responsible for all financial aspects of the business and must ensure compliance with all PCC Corporate Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
1. Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business.
2. Oversees daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
3. Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
4. Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering daily flex, weekly battle plan, and monthly and quarterly business reviews.
5. Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
6. Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
7. Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
8. Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls.
9. Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers.
10. Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
11. Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
12. Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
13. Responsible for the department’s staffing and performance management process; including development, coaching, discipline and termination actions.
14. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent.
• 10 plus years of Accounting/Finance experience, with 3-5 years as the financial leader in a manufacturing environment with full responsibility for the books and records. Publicly traded company experience highly preferred.
• Strong background in product cost Accounting (standard cost system) and experience in plant accounting/finance systems including strong understanding in the use of Excel.
• GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track record of improving internal controls highly valued.
• Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
• Experience presenting to highest levels of management with confidence and precision.
• Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
• Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
• Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• High energy level; ability to work flexible hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.