Driver - Mentor, OH
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Move material and parts on a predetermined route between buildings and local suppliers and/or customers
- Perform daily vehicle inspections.
- Verify shipping paperwork is accurate to the load
- Tow Motor driving
- Load and Unload material onto their trucks
- Perform visual inspections on load, material and parts to ensure no defects prior to or after travel. Report issues, as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by experience.
- Previous Driver experience preferred but not required
- Current Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Tow Motor experience required and/or ability to be certified to drive a tow motor
- Ability to bring your best self every day to meet and exceed production and quality standards
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.