With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Manage the development, implementation and administration of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs
• Member of site leadership team
• Lead and partner with site leadership, implementing new or updated EHS prevention and compliance programs while driving employee engagement in EHS
• Manage execution of EHS related capital projects for the site
• Manage multiple site activities with regulatory agencies to verify compliance, resolve situations, and maintain a cooperative working relationship.
• Provide leadership and coaching to site EHS contacts to promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture.
• Identify and implement applicable regulatory requirements
• Lead all environmental compliance (hazardous waste, air emissions, water)
• Coordinate the implementation of safety rules, policies, safe employee training program
• Interpret and apply department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensure compliance with these areas.
• Perform research projects regarding operational or site programs, serve on project teams, and provide recommendations regarding new or existing operations.
• Perform and complete various site EHS inspections required for compliance.
• Partner with management on business, organizational, and EHS programs, provide advice and guidance, and serve as a member of the management team.
• Investigate accidents and environmental incidents through root cause analysis and recommend policies, procedures, and/or other actions to correct problems or prevent future occurrence
• Lead management when implementing new or updated EHS prevention and compliance programs.
• Perform investigations, analyses, and research that require specialized knowledge in several EHS areas, develop reports and findings, and recommend operational changes.
• Manage the Process Safety Management, within program guidelines
• Contribute and support regional, divisional, and corporate EHS activities
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred;
• 5+ years related experience in a machining manufacturing facility; California experience preferred.
• Have a technical knowledge of regulations;
• Willingness to manage with hands on engagement at plant floor level;
• Willingness and ability to manage comprehensive health, safety, and environmental programs;
• Willingness and ability to lead site procedural and operational audits and coordinate activities with regulatory agencies;
• Willingness and ability to provide direction and consultation on various environmental, health, and safety issues;
• Prior experience developing and implementing programs, policies, and procedures; interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations, facilitating and resolving sensitive health, safety, and environmental questions and concerns; and working as a member of a management team;
• PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
• Exceptional communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.