With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Perform Contract Review to assure ability to comply with specified Customer, regulator and industry requirements
- Manufacturing Planning Requirements review and approval
- First Article Inspection Planning, Coordination, Review and Approval (AS9102 and Aerospace Customer requirements)
- Internal audit execution (AS9100D and Internal Procedure requirements)
- Nonconforming Material Review and disposition
- Product nonconformance analysis and corrective/preventative action coordination and execution
- System/Process based corrective/preventative action
- Perform PPAP (production part approval process)
- Perform FMEA (Failure mode and effects analysis)
5+ years of experience preferably in Aerospace or Manufacturing with a machine shop environment
Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or similar technical discipline
- Knowledgeable of aerospace Customer, NADCAP and AS9100D requirements, Internal Audit practices
- SixSigma/Lean analysis and improvement methodologies and have the ability to work efficiently with various computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and ERP to perform necessary functions
- Ability to interrogate Model Based Definition to define product criteria
- Must be highly organized with proven ability to professionally and assertively follow up on actions to be completed by internal personnel at all levels to assure timely completion