Business Unit Manager - Nuts
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility. SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, and is one of only a few companies qualified to meet the exacting standards of America’s defense establishment and the world’s aerospace and defense prime contractors. SPS was acquired by PCC in 2003.
• Lead and manage the Nuts unit by implementing profitable programs and processes to optimize manufacturing work flow.
• Drives daily performance and high impact projects that meet or exceed Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance objectives. When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with the team.
• Responsible for: developing people; process improvement; cost controls, quality monitoring and improvements; new product development and implementation; and customer service optimization.
• Manage Key Performance Indicators and Reporting on daily performance.
• Champion and initiate Continuous Improvement projects to increase Revenue per Square Foot and Revenue per Employee.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
• Identify new opportunities to impact business and operations goals positively. Manages these projects to rapid completion.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are understood and consistently followed by others.
• Determine performance and product quality and direct accountability for that performance.
• Brief and communicate with customers, suppliers and corporate executives with high intensity and professionalism.
• Build, develop and manage manufacturing leadership team capable of carrying out needed manufacturing strategies and improving employee relations.
• Implement effective problem resolution process to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
• Establish strong partnering relationships with cross-functional management (EHS, Engineering, Sales, Quality, Finance, HR, etc.) to ensure alignment of company objectives and effective cross-functional processes.
• Create and maintain a regular cadence of performance feedback with direct reports. Collaboratively create development plans and coach individuals in achieving them.
• Create an energizing work environment that supports the Company’s high performance culture while ensuring an efficient and flexible organization.
• More than 7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility.
• Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of driving results in Machining (3, 4, and 5 axis) environment.
• Working knowledge of general aerospace quality requirements
• Ability to understand and apply the production planning processes.
• Ability to apply lean manufacturing methodology, TOC, and problem solving skills to drive the business improvements in a metric-driven environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic plan to meet key business objectives/metrics in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Must be computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet; financial; inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
• Proven ability to lead large organization in a fast paced short cycle manufacturing environment.
• Technical competence: Experience with CNC machines of all axis and types
• Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting processes and financial management tools
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Established project management skills
• Proven leadership in Fasteners, Aerospace, or Automotive type Industry
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.