Quality Assurance Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
- Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
- Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
- Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
- Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
- Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Designs and implements training programs to all quality personnel.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Maintains a clean, organized and work area.
- Adheres to all PCC & PCI specific safety and Cardinal Rules of Quality requirements Develops internal quality metrics to measure the QMS effectiveness
- Works well within a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager preferred
- Six Sigma Greenbelt / Blackbelt preferred
- 5-7 years of Aerospace experience
- 2-3 years in a leadership role
- Production machining processes, quality controls, and costs.
- Understand/use inspection techniques for effective control of Internal & delivered part quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of aerospace machined parts
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership, teaming; and production methods.
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Expert level root cause corrective action skills
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Aggressive Leadership
- Drive for results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.