CNC Machinist Level 4 (Weekend Nights T)
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Noranco and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Level Four – Building upon level three, without assistance level four machinists demonstrate the ability to setup, run and trouble shoot all site specific CNC and conventional machines and machining processes. They are also able to design and manufacture complex tooling. Leadership and mentoring skills are also expected of level four machinists. Typically 5+ years of experience.
- Level 1-3 responsibilities may apply to level four, with the following additional duties:
- Provide the site with full cross training flexibility in the operation of machine platforms.
- Without assistance, trouble shoot and provide assistance to lower level machinists.
- Design, manufacture and validate tooling for a number of production needs.
- Mentor lower level machinists as well as provide area leadership.
- Evidence of successfully leading or mentoring others
- 5+ years of experience
- GED or High School diploma prefferd but not required
- Advanced competencies in machine platform operation in order to demonstrate full cross training flexibility.
- Advanced ability in job setup and verification of all tooling, program & machine platforms.
- Mentoring and leadership skills.
- Complex trouble shooting skills applied to a wide range of production processes.
- Advanced understanding of CNC programing, editing and tooling creation.
- Intermediate CAD/CAM
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.