Human Resources Generalist
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting and ensuring compliance with all relevant employment legislative requirements including Human Rights Act, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Equal Employment Opportunity Comission, Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc. Facilitate legal and regulatory compliance to all internal and external reporting entities by preparing and maintaining required reports and policies, handling unemployment claims, and conducting required investigations.
- Responsible for providing guidance and support on performance management concerns through fair and consistent application of appropriate disciplinary procedures and/or legal requirements
- Coach managers & supervisors to assist in their issue resolutions, professional development and team effectiveness
- Responsible for fostering an environment which encourages continuous learning and growth by working in partnership with managers and supervisors of direct reports to ensure development plans are appropriate, implemented and completed
Responsible for recruitment:
- Attract and secure qualified personnel. Ensure that the recruitment process for hourly and salaried employees is carried out in accordance with legislative and the organizations requirements.
- Create and provide new employees with a comprehensive onboarding program to enable a smooth transition into the Organization
Learning & Development:
- Support coordination of local training workshops. Support the sourcing of L&D options. Communicate, coordinate & schedule various training events
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs to facilitate consistency and equity
- Prepare internal HR related documents including employment, promotion and transfer letters, termination forms
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate documentation throughout employment history for all employees
- Support/lead and implement various HR projects and initiatives
- Responsible for providing counsel to the facility on all employee relations matters by being a resource to key stakeholders on the interpretation and application of policies
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of workforce relations and how they apply to the organization;
- Resolves conflict situations:
- Enhances management-employee relations:
Prevention, Safety and Wellness
- Assist facility Safety Champion with safety, health, security programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment including effective disability claims management, corporate prevention programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (Industrial Relations), or similar field from a recognized university
- A PHR or SHRM certification preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role or advanced degree in human resources
- Previous experience in a Human Resources “Generalist” role in a manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Experience with ADP or Workday preferred
- Working knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FMLA/CFRA compliance, and compensation analysis
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity is critical
- Can easily make the needed connections between systems, processes, and individuals to facilitate change
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Keen sense of time management and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task
- A passion for the entire people cycle
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent grammar, business letter and report writing skills
- A clear and succinct communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to think proactively, critically and independently to make good decisions
- Excellent listening skills
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A clear sense of urgency to achieve results. A “can-do”, “let’s make it happen” attitude
- Embrace continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things
- Passionate and determined
- A continuous learner
- Follow through consistently on work commitments
- Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.