Sr Environmental Engineer -NA Melt Operations
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Titanium Metals Corporation (TIMET) is one of the world’s largest fully integrated titanium producers and the only North American sponge producer.
Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium. We convert rutile ore into sponge; melt and refine ingot and slab; and manufacture mill products.
TIMET has a global network of service centers supported by its seven primary melting or mill facilities in Henderson, Nevada; Toronto, Ohio; Morgantown, Pennsylvania; Vallejo, California; Witton, England; Waunarlwydd, Wales; and Ugine, France.
With products ranging from sophisticated high temperature alloys used in jet engines, to advanced corrosion resistant alloys used in the chemical industry, TIMET’s reach spans the breadth of the titanium applications, and has the technical depth to support developments across a wide range of applications.
TIMET’s fully integrated supply chain, dedicated research facilities, and decades of experience make us the partner of choice for titanium.
Leveraging advanced electron beam (EB) melting and vacuum arc remelting (VAR), we turn titanium scrap into melted products or intermediate feedstock for both our internal mill production processes and our valued customers around the world. TIMET’s toll melting programs provide customers yet another cost-effective outlet for the scrap they generate.
Our customers benefit from exclusive, closed-loop agreements to ensure their raw material scrap flows back into their products to further minimize costs.
Our advanced electron beam technology allows most forms of scrap to be remelted while ensuring defect free material to be shipped right back into your supply chain.
Provide leadership and technical support to address environmental compliance, regulatory and TIMET-specific, for all TIMET North America Melt Operations. This position will be based in TIMET’s Henderson, Nevada facility.
Assist with the development and corporate-wide integration of sustainability initiatives related to the environment. Manage and coordinate sustainability efforts to reduce TIMET’s environmental impacts. Establish, maintain and report progress on sustainability metrics. Drive improvements within the company and communicate efforts and results to stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, interpretation, and direction for the proper implementation of new or revised regulations and regulatory projects. Manage environmental projects. Manage projects with a focus on sustainability and reduction of waste generation.
- Lead each facility in compliance with regulatory requirements, permit conditions, best management practices and internal initiatives.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in regulations affecting TIMET operations. Monitor and participate in the development of new regulations and emerging regulatory issues.
- Obtain permits in a timely manner. Evaluate new sources of generation and modifications of existing sources for possible permitting implications (due diligence). Complete and submit permit applications or exemptions with necessary documentation. Negotiate with regulatory agencies appropriate and optimal permitting terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain an Environmental Management Plan for each site. Establish and implement appropriate monitoring. Maintain adequate records and documentation of monitoring and reporting.
- Provide expert technical support to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements for TIMET North America Melt Operations; including compliance auditing, assessment and training for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain a database of air, water, and waste sources and their generation rates. Establish and implement appropriate monitoring. Maintain adequate records and documentation of monitoring and reporting.
- Identify and determine solutions to air, water and waste management deficiencies.
- Implement improvements and corrections to management practices in cooperation with production staff. Build and maintain knowledge of current and emerging waste reduction technologies. Manage improvement projects.
- Coordinate and participate in emergency response actions.
B.S. degree or higher with concentration in Environmental field in an industrial manufacturing environment required.
Prefer 8+ years of direct experience with Environmental;
Strong understanding of federal and state regulations pertaining to water management is required; including groundwater and discharge permits. Strong understanding of federal and state regulations pertaining to waste is required; including CERCLA, RCRA, SARA, TSCA, EPCRA, NRC, SPCC and Asbestos Management. An in-depth understanding of state waste regulations applicable to TIMET operations is required. Experience working with regulatory agencies is required.
Regulatory compliance experience preferred.
Willingness to work weekends and holidays required
Familiarity with waste minimization and sustainability techniques
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goal
Provides Effective Leadership
Effective Decision Making
Focuses on Continuous Improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.