With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Tilton specializes in complex air and vacuum aluminum investment cast components for aerospace, military, energy, and commercial applications.
Manage the Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) program to support the organization, promote safe work practices and ensure facilities are in regulatory compliance. Develop, plan, and implement programs to maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory laws. Develop, coordinate, and implement training programs in support of PCC policies and regulations.
• Manage storm-water protection, spill prevention, wastewater monitoring, air quality testing and hazardous waste handling.
• Develop and implement various EH&S programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Participate in periodic reviews/audits to verify that safety and environmental programs meet or exceed the established federal/state regulations.
• Evaluate facilities pursuant to safety conditions. Identity areas of concern and advise management of any, and all safety concerns. Provide recommendations and interpretation of safety requirements to resolve safety concerns.
• Conduct and schedule training to meet the needs of production and comply with the applicable safety and production operator standards.
• Conduct and review accident and incident investigations to reveal root cause and correction action required.
• Generate and submit safety and environmental reports as required.
• Research and write permit applications and complete permit reporting requirements.
• Manage and maintain all records and documents pertaining to OSHA and EPA.
• Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and any deficiencies are minimized and corrected.
• Provide technical knowledge to determine whether pollution control considerations are adequate. Develop and recommend policies in the specific area of pollution abatement and environmental management.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences or related field
- 5-7 years safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Operation and Maintenance of mechanical systems
- AS9100 knowledge
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office suite of products
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal