Machinist CNC Milling
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Work safely in accordance to plant safety guidelines including cardinal rules of safety.
• Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspections to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
• Must meet all Level I Machinist requirements.
• Perform machining operations for 4 to 6 different parts.
• Must be able to work in a high-performance team setting to achieve common goals.
• Responsible for his / her part quality and utilizes standard and customer measuring equipment to perform dimensional checks.
• Must be capable of using more advanced quality measuring tools.
• With minimal supervision can rework / repair out of tolerance specifications.
• Maintains machines in operational condition by performing daily preventive maintenance checks of oil levels and coolant concentration, reporting any machine abnormalities to the shift team leader or supervisor.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area to 6S standards.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts through verbal or documented communication for required actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Communicates with manufacturing on first piece acceptance and stopping processes due to failing parts.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
• 4 to 6 years of manufacturing experience operating CNC mills or lathes; prior military experience; or technical certification / degree
• Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
• As required, must be able to pass any Customer required testing/machining specifications pertaining to their parts and standards.
• Skill in following directions both verbal and written and in transferring instructions into action.
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on a deadline.
• Attention to detail
• Intermediate math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, and fractions for the purpose of print reading and tolerance determination.
• Willingness to learn
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.