With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Noranco and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
• Able to identify product/equipment limitations
• Basic Documentation Interaction
• Identify Blind Holes
• Clear Parts (Acetone)
• Comply with environmental, hazardous chemical requirements
• Proper use of racking tools / baskets / hooks / wire
• Basic product Racking & Un-Racking
• Basic customer/industry specifications and familiarity
• Basic in-process inspection (Dimensional & Visual)
• Basic knowledge/adherence to process controls
• Complete required basic rec. documentation
• Proper use of Hoist
• Safely use of Pallet Jack and Forklift
• Maximize run while maintaining lot traceability
• Basic in-process Inspection (Dimensional & Visual)
• Proper part handling procedures
• Post operation part staging protection
• Process product (Immersion and conversion coating processes)
• Understand process parameters (Time and temperature, etc.)
• Familiar with area specific requirements (Gauge usage and calibration, etc.)
• Determine work priority for lower level operators
• Visual exam-traveler identification and specification requirements
Required Experience: 1-2 years of experience
Level of Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
• Basic knowledge of anodizing process (Chromic, Sulfuric, Boric, TSA, Chem Film-600 & 1200)
• Basic knowledge of Titanium Pickling
• Basic knowledge of Titanium and Steel Passivation
• Basic knowledge of Alloy Types (Ti, Cres, Ferrous, Aluminum)
• Basic knowledge of chem-treat/chemical conversion coatings
• Basic knowledge of various racking techniques
• Basic knowledge of manual and tank chem-treat applications
• Basic knowledge etching and other pre-cleaning operations
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.