Machinist -Level 1
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 38 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Load and unload product to be machined in a number of fixtures and operations.
- Protect machines and machined product by following processes and procedures such as part loading, being in control of the machine, and safely transporting product over short distances.
- Perform and record in process inspection actions such as measuring and validating part features in light of customer supplied dimensional tolerances and specifications.
- Perform basic deburr operations such as edge breaking and light surface blending using a number of deburr tools and media.
- Interact with production tracking tools such as Labor Track and Shop Trak to charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the shift.
- This position requires basic experience working with mechanical processes and methods such as hand tools, and light equipment such as saws, drills and pneumatic tools.
- 0-2 years of experience
Level of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
- The ability to read and write English.
- An introductory competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals.
- A basic knowledge of inspection tools and their proper use.
- A basic knowledge of hand tools and mechanical application regarding nuts and bolts.
- A basic knowledge of part holding methods and procedures.
- A basic knowledge of deburr tools and methods.
- The ability to interact with computers and CNC controls at a basic level.
This requisition is closed to applications.