Manufacturing Supervisor /Operations Supervisor
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Complies with and enforces all company safety rules and regulations. These include the use of company-provided personal protective equipment/supplies (i.e., safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes); maintaining a clean work area; operating equipment and using tools in a safe manner; correcting unsafe conditions or practices
- Effectively leads a team of employees and manages performance to set expectations. Tasks for effective performance management include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Update Daily Management board and communicate status of Dispatch list, RYG report, weekly shipment plan, Flex performance and projections during daily walk thru with management. Escalate any issues/concerns needing management support during this walk thru
- Schedule jobs to maximize machine and operator efficiencies and report capacity constraints to production control
- Achieve daily metrics including ESH, productivity, scrap, dock, sales and other significant measures
- Use the daily Flex tool to monitor and manage key metrics especially variable spending. Each supervisor must understand spending details on a daily basis
- Maintain proper staffing levels to achieve budgeted levels of performance
- Use the Productivity Pipeline form to update and manage cost reduction projects and report status on a weekly basis
- Analyze processes to improve efficiency (includes purchase of new capital equipment, planning arrangement of equipment, use of cost effective production techniques) and achieve cost reduction expectations
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (6S, flow, visual organization, etc.)
- Ensure that manufacturing documentation procedures and protocol are followed at all times
- Monitor scrap, yield and part efficiencies on existing programs to ensure achievement of budget
- Holds weekly employee communication meetings and ensures their team has an understanding of the status and future of the business
- Ensure machinery is at optimum repair by implementing preventative maintenance programs, assigning repair tasks and maintaining spare parts
- Obtain tooling, gages and other supplies needed for production prior to release of the router to machines. Implement set-up time reduction methods
- Train personnel in production tasks, safety requirements, teamwork and lean manufacturing principles
- Check quality and quantities of product runs, SPC charts, first article charts, accuracy of routers
- Resolve technical and administrative problems
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or a related discipline from four-year college or university highly preferred
- 1 – 5 years of technical experience in a fast paced manufacturing setting is highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of ERP software, AS400/Mapcis preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to concentrate on specific objectives, while managing multiple priorities, people and functions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.