With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Primary duties include maintenance of the Calibration system and Nonconforming Material process. Support all quality functions within the North Branch Quality department. Provide guidance and perform a variety of duties to ensure product quality through inspection, analysis, problem-solving, and implementation of solutions.
Responsible for the maintenance of the calibration program. Perform and coordinate internal and external calibrations and gauge verification activities.
Coordinate QC inspection duties between shifts, including training, mill audits, and final product inspections.
Responsible for maintaining the Non-Conforming Material process, including the NCR database, documentation, and review and approval of dispositions.
Review/approve nonconforming material and system documentation.
Investigate non-conformances, initiate, implement, and coordinate corrective actions as appropriate.
- Coordinate third party inspections with customers for High Profile Projects. Act as main point of contact for third party inspectors. Provide required documentation and notification of inspection activities on ongoing basis.
- Review High Profile Project documentation for completion and accuracy. Ensure criteria detailed in Inspection and Test Plans are met
- Perform internal audits, including follow up and closure activities for audit findings.
- Participate in root cause analysis, corrective action activities, and perform verifications related to Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs).
- Provide support for Customer Complaint investigations.
- Conduct training for production employees related to quality procedures and calibrated measurement equipment
- Create and revise Work Instructions and process control procedures
- Generate quality reports related to scrap, nonconforming material
- Inspect and analyze failures on the floor
- Conduct in-line inspection of product
- Be present during material changeovers and during required inspection point
- Recheck operator measurements and ensure that all production records are completed before the material is moved to the next station.
- Perform mill audits and product verification.
- Audit production work being performed and ensure all work is being done according to established documents
- Exhibit a positive and extended presence on the production floor
- Communicate with management daily and provide recommendations as needed.
- Support other Quality department activities as necessary
- Participate in company-wide 6S efforts
- Maintain vigilance for export compliance
- Contribute to efforts to maintain/improve the Quality Management System
High-School Diploma or GED
Associates Degree preferred
Quality experience in metals or welding a plus
- Must be able to read and understand Quality plans, Control plans, work instructions, specifications and drawings.
- Must be able to use various measurement gauges including but not limited to ring and snap gauges, calipers and micrometer, hardness testers.
- Previous experience with product red tag, NCRs, and quarantine procedures.
- Mandatory use of PPE such as ear plugs, safety shoes and glasses is required.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a regulated manufacturing and product development environment.
Physical Demands - Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time; the ability to lift 35lbs.
Work Environment - Steel working plant
- Must be able to read and write English. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Capable of working with non-technical people.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and logical mindset.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal customers
- Must be able to use and operate gauging equipment as required to inspect and test tubing for conformance to applicable manufacturing specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Basic Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
This requisition is closed to applications.