With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Founded in Jenkintown, PA in 1903 as Standard Pressed Steel Company, SPS Technologies continues to operate from the original 560,000 square foot facility.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
• Supervise production activity within assigned manufacturing departments to achieve a level daily throughput that meets or exceeds our TOC lines.
• Lead / Facilitate cost reduction and productivity improvements for the department which would result in a 4% productivity improvement quarter over quarter. Experience with Kaizen and Lean manufacturing tools (concept and facilitation).
• Project manage Continuous Improvement and 6S activities for assigned manufacturing departments. This includes coaching and training the team to improve maturity of understanding.
• Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
• Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change
• Set priorities, schedule and assign work within assigned departments. Coordinate activities with other depts.
• Ensure the timely completion of quality audits in assigned manufacturing departments.
• Interview, select, train, evaluate performance, grant increases, promote, transfer, counsel, discipline, and layoff subordinates to maintain a flexible, efficient and well-motivated workforce.
• Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, government and customer contacts.
• Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to the position.
• History of data driven decision making.
• Knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing tools (Kaizen, 6S, SMED, TPM, Process Flow, Pull)
• Bachelor’s degree in the area of study preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.