With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Design fixtures for CNC machining centers.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data for process improvement. IE: increase equipment productivity, reduce set-up times. Focus on continual improvement and cost reduction
- Investigate new manufacturing technologies/methods, tooling and equipment.
- Work with production planning to set shop priorities and ensure all required tools and documentation required in the plant for production run jobs are available
- Generate/maintain/edit manufacturing job travelers/routers
- Review all processes and operator instructions to ensure accuracy and conformance to actual procedures, revise as needed
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives
- Lead projects as per Engineering Manager, and communicate project status
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Development software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.