With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Excellent planning, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the assembly or processing of product, such as inspectors, machinists, and shared services.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring’s, evaluations, and promotions.
- Set up and adjust relevant equipment as needed in accordance to safety guidelines.
- Maintain operations assembly data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Supervision experience in high speed manufacturing Environment