With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
SPS Technologies has been developing and manufacturing critical fasteners since the early days of aviation, working closely with its customers to meet the needs of an ever-changing industry.
Many of the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices that have become industry standards were pioneered by SPS Technologies. SPS Technologies continues to advance the materials, designs, and manufacturing practices of aerospace fasteners today to meet the unique needs of next generation vehicles and assembly techniques.
o This includes but is not limited to: complex form design and behaviors, component class/string/validator manipulation, IDO development and modification, data views and workbench customizations.
o This also encompasses backend database development within the Syteline database schema and related systems/modules. The position requires a solid knowledge of stored procedure/function development and debugging, and the ability to analyze the path of data through these and any other SQL objects (triggers, tables, temporary tables, table variables, etc)
• Design, develop, test, and maintain Syteline ERP reporting utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services.
o Syteline reports could potentially include any or all of the following: various graphing and visualizations, drill-down data, grouping, aggregation, conditional formatting and others in an array of report types.
• Work face to face and remotely with end-users and I.T. staff to define technical/user requirements documentation and testing plans. This is not a typical “head-down” coding position. The candidate must be comfortable frequently collaborating on proposed solutions and then working quickly and independently to deliver them.
• Troubleshoot general ERP database problems, data issues, and performance tuning issues. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to analyze large amounts of SQL Server data in the Syteline database schema to quickly locate issues with failing jobs, stored procedures and other objects and processes.
• Participate in daily staff meetings and provide clear, concise updates on progress, issues, and commitment dates.
• Follow PCC Fastener and industry standards and best practices for coding design and testing methodologies and contribute to improving existing processes when able.
• Follow appropriate IT Sarbanes-Oxley compliance policies relating to code management, versioning, documentation, and deployment.
• Assist with diagnosis of potential issues with SQL 2012 – 2017 stored procedures and functions.
• Perform other duties as necessary or appropriate to position.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing, testing and deploying ERP solutions on the Syteline and Mongoose platform. Repeatable/re-useable objects and code should be a focus whenever possible.
• At least 3 years’ experience with back-end T-SQL development in SQL Server 2012 – 2017. Must excel at efficient/complex T-SQL coding (joins, objects, etc.), understand how to read and react to execution plans, and at least a conversational understanding of how different indexing works. Performance and efficiency is crucial in all of our development projects.
• Familiarity with basic SQL Server Reporting Services development and deployment.
• Excellent communication, organization, and technical documentation skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile team environment with multiple high priority initiatives.
• Self-starter who is driven to learn and take ownership of issues. Willing to perform “deep dives” in search of root causes and solutions.
• Aptitude for assessing new business logic and process quickly and translating that to effective technical and data-driven solutions.
• A positive attitude and eager to take on unfamiliar or difficult issues, logic, and business needs. Candidate should be excited about coding and delivering difficult solutions and take pride in their work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.