Metal Processor - Deer Creek
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Objective: to accurate classify and separate metal scraps.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Receives metal parts/gates from casting and backend operations.
B. Classifies all metal using a variety of visual methods including: gating systems, color, cutting behavior and spark test.
C. Classifies all metal using a variety of electronic methods (LSBO only), including spectrotest analyzer, Kevex analyzer and magnetic permeability.
2. Cleaning and Processing
Objective: To cut, process and clean metals into sizes for the melting processes according to PCC specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Processes metal using either gas torch and wheelabrators at TBO or abrasive saw, wheelabrator plasma arc or air arc torch at LSBO.
B. Cuts, cleans and processes air and vacuum melted ingots. (LSBO only)
C. Cleans metal through wheelabrating.
D. Sizes and cuts scrap returns for best charge loading; TBO tests for radioactivity and prepares for shipment to outside reprocessor.
E. Processes and recycles junk scrap metal for outside sale.
3. Completes logs and records.
Objective: To take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: For job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
5. Meets all production and quality standards.
6. Cleans work areas; performs minor maintenance on equipment.
OTHER (MARGINAL) ACCOUNTABILITIES:
7. Performs other tasks as directed.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, MACHINERY AND/OR TOOLS USED:
3. basic hand tools (e.g. wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.)
4. chains, straps and various lifting equipment
6. radiation monitor
7. gas torches (TBO only)
8. pallet jacks (TBO only)
9. plasma torches (LSBO only)
10. Kevex Analyzer (LSBO only)
11. Spectrotest unit (LSBO only)
12. air arc cutting torches (LSBO only)
13. abrasive saw (LSBO only)
14. hand grinders (LSBO only)
15. scale (LSBO only)
16. conveyor belt (LSBO only)
17. Pangborn electronically - controlled shell abrader (TBO only)
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training must be completed.
3. Written exams on the Kevex Analyzer and the Spectrotest Unit. (LSBO only)
4. Radiation Training Course must be completed. (TBO only)
1. Working knowledge of foundry operations as demonstrated by six months experience in the foundry or cleaning areas is preferred.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. Ability to read logs and procedure instructions.
3. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
4. Ability to work independently and in a team.
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.