With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and China.
Progressive was founded and incorporated in 1971 in Arlington, Texas. Heroux-Devtek Inc. purchased Progressive in 2004 who helped to expand the site which has doubled its manufacturing footprint and more than doubled sales and employee base. In August 2012, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) acquired Progressive, and is now one of the largest footprints within the Aerostructures Division of PCC.
Predominantly, a provider for large, highly complex machined parts, kits and assemblies for OEMs and large Tier One providers for both military and commercial market segments. Progressive Incorporated is now a 271,000 square foot facility.
- Work Order Interaction
- Job Router Interpretation
- Proper job clocking
- Basic visual inspection
- Tools – General & Inspection
- Height Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Pin Gauge, Depth Gauge, Small Hole Gauge, Weight Scale, Compass/Protractor, Inter-mic, Radius Gauge, Telescopic Gauge, Feeler Gauge, Bore Scope Gauge, Countersink Gauge
- Optical Comparator, Conductivity Tester, Hardness Tester, Profilometer - Surface Roughness, Micro-hite Gauge, Air Gauge, Video Gauge – Thickness, Ohm Meter - Electrical Conductivity, Indicator – Flatness
- Intermediate Understanding of GD&T
- Equipment & Area Maintenance
- Cleanliness/Organization (6S)
- Basic Maintenance (Tools, Equipment)
- Part & Gauge Protection
- Part Handling
- Basic Part Transport
- Inspection Tool Verification
- Productivity & Quality Control
- Interpreting Certs
- Non-conforming part identification/tagging
- Use of NCR Database
- Meets Production Goals "Cycle Time", etc
- Complete Inspection Plans
- Understand & Locate Company Quality Rqmts (Quality Manual, PSPs, PDIs)
- Perform Full FAI
- Calibration Requirements
- Validation of Concerning Measurements
- Customer Specification - Process and Access
- Advanced GD&T
- Advanced Print Reading
- Complex Part Inspection/Hand Layout
- Advanced AS9102 Reporting
- SME in: CMM AND Laser Tracker: Programming & Troubleshooting OR Receiving/Final OR Mechanical Inspection
- Customer Owned Tooling - Use & Storage Requirements
- Problem Solving for RCCA - Feedback to shop for ongoing issues
- IPI Software - Use and Understand the Software
- Inspection/Equipment Setup - Technique & Final
- Part Layout/Setup
- CMM Setup, Controls, Results Interpretation OR Laser Tracker Basic Controls, Setup Part, Understand Results OR Final Inspection - Finish Specs, Workmanship & Mismatch Inspection, Assembly Specs, Job Book Completion
- ICL Creation
- CATIA Product Assembly, Drawing Creation, Part Creation
- Sign Plate Part Setup
- Machine Accuracy Verification
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4-6 years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Level 1 competencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Level 2 competencies preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced model review print reading and GD&T
- Intermediate shop math
- Familiar with basic inspection tools (pin gauges, micrometers, calipers, height gauges, air gages, etc.) preferred
- Ability to use a profilometer preferred
- Advanced AS9102 reporting generation preferred
- Ability to interpret advanced first part inspections preferred
- Ability to interpret CMM reports preferred
- Able to meet production goals “Cycle Times”
- Ability to learn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.