With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position will perform several accounting duties including fixed asset accounting, intercompany accounting, month-end closing and various other general accounting responsibilities.
- Perform all fixed asset accounting functions.
- Participate in monthly close process.
- Complete intercompany accounting transactions.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, including sub ledgers. Research any discrepancies.
- Complete various reporting requests as needed.
- Assist with annual tax package completion.
- Adhere to all SOX requirements to ensure full SOX compliance.
- Liaison with auditors including internal, external and SOX audits.
- Complete special projects including internal, division and corporate requests.
- Be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Perform all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Conduct.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office applications and internet applications.
- High level of self-motivation to perform and succeed.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and use own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Able to work outside normal office hours as business requires.
- Ability to travel within the US.
- One (1) year experience with multi-site accounting in a US public company environment preferred.
- Sox experience preferred.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position with repetitive hand motions. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office area to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, copy machine, calculator and computer printer.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with minimal exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, and noise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.