Quality Inspection Technician - Day Shift
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews P.O. to ensure that quality requirements will be covered in production.
- Visually inspects parts prior to shipments.
- Performs source inspection to ensure parts meet customer specification
- Reviews router prior to shipment to make sure that processes are met.
- Prepares certificate of conformance.
- Prepares quality deviation submittals.
- Interface with source inspectors
- Solves problems received from customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare quality techniques.
- Perform audits
- Maintain “5s” practices within department.
- Maintain part trace ability.
- Understand and follow departmental procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED highly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment required. Aerospace highly preferred.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Familiar with blueprint and specification requirements.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Able to work in a production environment.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 in on eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches. Corrected or uncorrected. Color perception required each year; Standard used: Keystone VS11 (Red-Green and Blue Violet) or Ishihara.
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
- Detail oriented.
- Confidence to ask questions.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Trusts his/her own judgment.
- Learns from mistakes and makes appropriate changes.
- Good work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.