Walk -in Sand/Shotblaster - Deer Creek
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
1. Blast Operations
Objective: to remove shell, scale, grinding marks and other material from castings.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Verifies lot, part identification and operation number.
B. Loads castings into walk-in cabinet manually or with hoist.
C. Masks tooling points as needed. (LSBO Walk-in Sandblasting and TBO Dept. 806 only)
D. Sand or shot blasts parts in cabinet by directing hand-held nozzles; moves nozzle across surface or parts; avoids taking off too much metal by not directing sand or shot at one area too long.
E. Removes all sand or shot out of part cavities to assure clean parts for chemical milling (TBO only) or subsequent operations.
F. Visually inspects blasted parts to verify removal of materials and uniform color of parts.
G. Removes castings from walk-in cabinet and places on pallets.
H. Modifies shotblast pipe as necessary. (Walk-in Shotblasters only)
I. Manually pushes sand into grate to circulate. (TBO, Dept. 852 only)
Marginal Job Function
J. Operates sand or shotblast machine from outside cabinet by foot control. (LSBO, Dept. 052 and TBO Dept. 841, 852, 896 only.)
2. Maintenance and Cleaning
Objective: to maintain equipment in good working order and maintain clean work area.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Performs minor equipment maintenance, including changing hoses and nozzles.
B. Checks equipment and checks for leaks and clogs.
C. Restocks cabinet with sand or shot; orders materials as needed.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
D. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
4. Meets all production and quality standards.
OTHER (MARGINAL) ACCOUNTABILITIES
5. Performs other tasks as directed.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, MACHINERY AND/OR TOOLS USED:
1. Walk-in Shotblast Equipment (Dept. 041, 841 only)
2. Walk-in Sandblast Equipment (Dept. 070, 071, 072, 052, 896,
806, 852 only)
3. forklift (marginal in Dept. 896, 852, 806)
5. pallet jacks
6. slings, straps, chains
7. basic hand tools (e.g. hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
8. dental mirrors and picks (marginal in Dept. 806, 896, 852)
9. chisels (LSBO only)
10. knives (marginal in Dept. 806, 841, 852 only)
12. pipe benders and threader (Dept. 841 and 041 only)
13. belt grinder (LSBO only)
14. brooms and shovels
15. flashlights and flexlights
16. magnets (LSBO Dept. 041 only)
17. ladders (TBO, Dept. 841 only)
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification must be completed.
(LSBO and TBO, Dept. 841 only)
3. May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management
4. Radiation Safety Training must be completed. (TBO only)
1. Cleaning and blasting skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of all Sandblaster and Shotblaster duties are preferred
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Ability to follow instructions and read Technique Cards or routers.
4. Ability to perform mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction)
5. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
1. Employees in these positions operate either the Walk-in Sandblaster or the Walk-in Shotblaster.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.