With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Located in the beautiful city of Portland Oregon, PCC Structurals Wax Center is a fully owned subsidiary of PCC Structurals, Inc. We are a full-service provider of wax and plastic-wax investment casting patterns used in both commercial and military applications. PCC Structurals Wax Center is currently holding ISO 9001:2015 certification.
Our expertise in both wax injection and plastic-injection molding positions us as a key supplier to all PCC facilities in the Oregon Region. We have a vast knowledge and expertise in various areas including dimensional, cleaning, and pattern assembly.
With our quality, expertise, and adaptability along with new innovative technology, we are committed to provide the best products to all our customers. We pride ourselves with providing a safe environment with high levels of quality and details to all of our products.
Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of products, processes, plans and procedures. Designs methods to improve efficiency in production, reduce process variability and assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards exercising discretion and independent judgment in the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or making decisions after the various possibilities have been considered.
Based on their independent judgment and within the scope of their engineering expertise, incumbent is vested with the authority to stop the manufacturing process. Effective decisions will typically result in successful part programs and considerable financial benefit to the company. May supervise other engineers and/or technicians on an ongoing basis or as needed for the term of assigned projects.
- Participate in the concurrent engineering process with customers.
- Responsible for preparing design specifications, requirements compliance, and customer interface on production information for manufacturing.
- Interaction with customer and tooling personnel.
- Manufacturing process review.
- Develop and maintain necessary tools and procedures to meet customers’ blueprints.
- Coordinate with QA and production personnel in preparing necessary information to produce investment castings.
- Gating design and prepare routers.
- Assist in preparing quotes
- Establish development timetables for new jobs.
- Participate in correcting engineering related problems.
- Release of developed jobs.
- Review customer drawings and specification changes for impact.
- May supervise other engineers or technicians on assigned projects.
- Responsible for casting metallurgical quality
- Issue technique cards and work instructions
- Work with the Product Engineer and the computer database to determine costs of specific operations and pursue appropriate cost reduction programs.
- Be cognizant of the specific shipping goals for each part number and support the Manufacturing organization in meeting those goals.
- Develop part router in accordance with PCC procedures and customer requirements.
- Identify and address safety considerations within the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Plan and manage part metallurgical qualification (ESA, VSE)
- Be responsible for annual cost savings projects totaling 3x the employee’s salary
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal: Engineers, production employees and various levels of management. Discuss product related issues. Requires tact, leadership, and influence.
- External: Customers, vendors Discuss product design issues and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a technical field preferred.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, industrial, materials science engineering along with investment casting technology.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes; statistical analysis (data correlation); technical report and article preparation; preparing specifications; ability to define, plan, and complete major projects; ability to supervise/direct activities of professionals with diverse expertise.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written. Capable of interacting with various levels of the organization. Must demonstrate a high degree of objectivity and integrity in the evaluation of people and problems.
- Must be able to work well with the hourly work force to understand first the request or idea from the operators. Then be able to translate that request into meaningful fixture and tooling improvements that help the operators. It is important the operators feel that the project has been successfully completed
- Experience using Computer Aided Design, Statistical programs (MiniTab, Statistica), Excel, 3D and Modeling Software (SolidWorks, PolyWorks, Catia) skills is preferred.