Maintenance Mechanic - SSBO
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Located in Clackamas, Oregon, PCC Small Structures Business Operations (SSBO) specializes in air and Vacuum Investment Cast Components for Aerospace, Energy, and Commercial Applications. Our robust engineering team, in-house prototyping capability, and 197,000 square feet of manufacturing space make it the ideal facility to bring your development program into production.
To repair, overhaul, maintain, install, and modify equipment and facilities.
1. Maintenance and Repair
Objective: to maintain manufacturing and facilities' equipment in proper, efficient working order.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Identifies and implements preventive maintenance programs for equipment and facilities. B. Repairs, overhauls, maintains, installs and fabricates modifications to equipment and facilities as required. C. Troubleshoots vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction heating, lubrication, abrasive and pressure cleaning systems and their components. D. Maintains machine tools and equipment used for maintenance.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules. B. Safely operates all equipment and tools. C. Identifies and reports safety problems, corrects when possible. D. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
3. Completes logs and records.
OTHER (MARGINAL) ACCOUNTABILITIES:
4. Trains less skilled personnel as assigned.
5. Performs other tasks as directed.
6. May be required to participate in Hazardous Materials Spill Response team.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
1. Basic hand tools (hammers, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) 2. Forklift 3. Welding equipment 4. Hoist 5. Motorized cart 6. Drill press 7. Torches 8. Saws (band or abrasive cut-off) 9. Dimensional measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, etc.) 10. Trucks 11. Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
1. Advanced skills as demonstrated by four years journey level work using a skill set found in Journey Maintenance work: plumbing, sheet metal, machinist, auto or welding skill sets with heating/venting and air conditioning, and carpentry preferred AND Two years of trade school or apprenticeship training in an applicable skill set is preferred OR An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications on tech cards, work orders, repair manuals, blueprints and drawings.
3. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to work independently and in a team effectively.
6. Ability to assist other departments through planning and technical assistance processes.
7. Valid driver's license is required to drive PCC vehicles.
8. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
NOTE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II’s MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN BASIC HAND TOOLS.
INDIVIDUALS MAY HAVE CONTACT WITH OR BE REQUIRED TO HANDLE HAZARDOUS WASTE.
1. Training is provided on the job. 2. Hazardous Materials Handling Training may be required. 3. PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification must be completed. 4. May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management Training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.