With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Cherry Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of multi-piece fastening systems for the aerospace industry. The Cherry® name is synonymous with aerospace rivets, and the CherryMax® line of rivets is the most widely-used in the industry.
The Cherry® brand dates back to 1940 when Cherry Rivet Company introduced easily-installed blind fasteners, which were quickly adopted as an aerospace industry standard. Operating out of a 286,000 square foot facility in Santa Ana, California, Cherry's full line of products includes blind rivets, blind bolts, rivet-less nut plates, shear pin fasteners, temporary fasteners, and installation tools.
All Cherry products are available from a large number of distributors, including locations in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Dubai, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
In 2016, SPS Technologies Santa Ana began the consolidation into Cherry Aerospace. SPS Technologies, Santa Ana specializes in the development and manufacture of fastener assemblies including nut plates, channel nuts, panel fasteners, studs and inserts, and self-retaining bolts for commercial and military applications. The consolidation combines the synergy of two fastener organizations to create a best-in-class facility.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Diagnose malfunctioning system, apparatus and components using test equipment to locate cause of electrical breakdown
• Inspect electrical system, equipment, components to identify hazards, defects and need for adjustment or repair and ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operations could be hazardous
• Test electrical system and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such ohmmers, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
• Change, repair and troubleshoot electrical lighting issues
• Informs personnel regarding procedures or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action complying with appropriate code.
• Install electrical system components (lighting, alarms, electrical panels, circuits, timers etc.)
• Monitors the electrical work of outside contractors
• Responds to emergency situations during and after hours involving electrical system
• Perform general housekeeping duties
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• Job related experience is required
• 5-10 years of experience
GED or High School diploma preferred
• A high level knowledge of electrical code and wiring system
• Methods, techniques, in electrical installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of system and subsystem
• Ability to read schematics and blueprints
• Ability to use proper tools and PPE for the job
• Specific ability to satisfactorily perform functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with contractors and internal costumers, work as part of the team, and compliance with OSHA/NFPA/NEC regulations.