Supply Chain Manager
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Responsible for the overall safety, leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned direct reports.
- Develop and implement programs to maximize schedule flexibility, while minimizing inventory exposure and reducing risk for both the company and the customer while maintaining performance to cost targets. Implement programs for cost reduction and lead-time reduction within the supply chain.
- Manage lead times, MOQs, and monitor order rates, inventory levels, and delivery plans. Develop and/or maintain existing metrics associated with demand, service, and inventory management and order points. Lead process & system improvements.
- Summarizes daily and weekly Master Schedules for released orders and compares these to the Operating Plan to ensure that the Master Schedule is aligned with SIOP commitments;
- Creates a Master Schedule that satisfies customer demand while level loading work to be released to manufacturing and optimizing inventory levels and resource utilization;
- Creates a Master Schedule that can be used for detailed material/capacity planning as well as financial planning;
- Actively participates as a key Subject Matter Expert in Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP), helping to set priorities when demand outstrips capacity;
- Initiate and collaboratively develop opportunities with key stakeholders to improve processes and costs. Effectively and proactively communicate with all levels of leadership about identified supply constraints and demand growth opportunities.
- Collaborative interaction with multiple key functional roles internally, along with critical customer support. Identify and successfully execute supply chain improvement opportunities by working collaboratively with Site Operations Team, Commercial Teams and through use of 5S / Lean tools & techniques.
- Perform special projects and assignments; up to 10% Domestic travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred CPIM certification through APICS, or C.P.M. certification through ISM
- 4-7+ years of experience in role progressively increasing responsibilities in Production Planning or Production Control in a Manufacturing environment. 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in Master Scheduling/Capacity Planning.
- Oracle ERP experience
- Preferred Training and experience in Kan Ban, JIT, Lean Manufacturing, and pull systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will substitute experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. 5+ years’ of supply chain management with experience in aerospace manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position requires use of information or access to production processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)). To be qualified to work in this facility, a successful application must be a U.S. Person, as defined in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that qualification prior to starting work. The U.S. export control regulations define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), and certain categories of Political Asylees and Refugees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.