With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as mills, saws, straighteners, programmable controllers and other electrical production-related equipment.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixture and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Machinists, Mechanics and Maintenance Manager to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replace electric motors and brushes.
- Program and troubleshoot PLC programs.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on various pieces of production-related equipment.
- Participate in company-wide 6S efforts.
- Maintain vigilance for export compliance.
- Contribute to efforts to maintain/improve the Quality Management System.
Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in related field and industry.
High School or equivalent. Technical certificate a plus.
Ability to operate, test, and maintain servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment.
Physical Demands - Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time; the ability to lift 35lbs.
Work Environment - Steel working plant
Able to interpret data and use specified measuring devices requiring advanced skills knowledge. Able to safely operate various required tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.