Facility Trade Compliance Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications. In addition, Wyman-Gordon has heat treating, testing, and other operations that support its global forging business.
Wyman-Gordon Houston spans 500 acres and has 1,500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space. At the heart of our operations are a 12,000-ton horizontal extrusion press, 20,000-ton closed-die press, 29,000-ton closed-die press, 35,000-ton vertical extrusion press, and Advanced Product Development facility all supported by Heat Treatment, Material Handling, Tool & Die Machining and both Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing & Inspection facilities.
The Trade Compliance Manager is a key member of the Wyman-Gordon compliance team and will establish and implement a robust trade compliance program that supports the day-to-day operation of a high volume, dynamic aerospace/industrial manufacturing site. In this role, you will lead the site trade compliance program and oversee all export and import activity, including preparation, filing, and maintenance of BIS and DDTC export license applications. You will serve as the site subject matter expert, with the full support of the Division and Corporate compliance team. The senior management team and key functional stakeholders will depend on your sound trade compliance advice to mitigate compliance risk, while streamlining business projects.
The successful candidate will have the independent authority to enquire into any aspect of a proposed export or import, verify its propriety and the accuracy of the information to be submitted, and stop any current or anticipated transaction that is in violation of statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Training internal stakeholders on key compliance topics, as well as general trade compliance awareness.
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements.
- Analyze and interpret export and import regulations and maintain current knowledge of changes.
- Work pro-actively with departments to prevent trade disruptions and to develop streamlined approaches for the implementation of trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Advise general manager and senior staff about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions.
- Monitor compliance activities and the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Prepare, review, and submit applications for export licenses (DSP-5, DSP-73, BIS-748, MLA/TAA), and other requests for regulatory authorization.
- Strong working knowledge of EAR exception and ITAR exemption use.
- Manage government authorizations throughout their life cycle.
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied.
- Produce and analyze reports from various ERP/MRP and other information systems.
- Perform or assist with commodity classifications under export and import laws (ITAR, EAR, Schedule B, HTSUS)
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience, or Associates degree with 10+ years of relevant experience, or High School diploma with 15+ years of progressive experience that demonstrates expertise in global trade compliance program administration.
- Working knowledge of the U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).
- Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and export license data.
- Familiarity with the requirements and procedures associated with evaluating goods for preferential treatment under free trade agreements like the North America Free Trade Agreement.
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare reports in manufacturing information systems, perform spreadsheet calculations, and quickly learn new software tools.
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and drive a project from initiation to completion.
- Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure, prioritize tasks, and display sound professional judgment.
- Ability to prepare and revise procedures, work instructions, and forms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all functional leads to ensure they have implemented effective compliance controls into their internal procedures and work instructions.
- Strong time management and recordkeeping skills.
Experience with Oracle is a plus
Fluency in English. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.