Manufacturing Process Engineer
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Support and facilitate Manufacturing Process Improvement efforts and plans.
- Develop and initiate cost reduction programs for Open and Closed Die forge.
- Support SPC techniques with a focus on improved measurement systems for Open Die Forge.
- Assist and develop training program initiatives for forge operators.
- Design Open Die forge programs to meet preform design requirements.
- Work with operators and Product Engineering to refine Open Die work instructions.
- Identify and elevate critical equipment conditions at Open and Closed Die.
- Take ownership and refine SOP at Open Die Forge
- Drive RCCA in collaboration with Operations and Quality utilizing disciplined problem-solving techniques.
- 4 Year degree in engineering (Mechanical/Industrial)
- Experience in open die forging (Preforming or Billet Conversion) strongly preferred.
- Experience with advanced measurement systems (Laser Scanning or Structured Light) preferred.
- Flexibility to assist other manufacturing areas as needs arise.
- Able to drive change in demanding atmosphere.
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SPC tools and techniques.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or as a team member.
- Experience with problem solving methods (8D, 5Why, PFMEA, etc)
- Blue print reading, GD&T and 3D Modeling experience (Catia V5 is a plus)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.