With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Overall responsibility for departmental operations to meet production, quality, delivery, and cost goals for the organization and its customers
- Provide leadership and technical direction to allow team to improve according to key departmental metrics
- Daily reporting of key metrics and adherence to daily targets
- Maintain shift rotation schedule in accordance with the needs of the business
- Provide leadership in establishing standard processes and tools
- Manage personnel performance including employee reviews, disciplinary action, time and attendance, shift scheduling and overtime assignments
- Lead Employee training and development including cross training for the enhancement of employee knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ensure the use of lean manufacturing tools in the development of new processes
- Lead continuous improvement endeavors throughout the department
- Regularly communicate departmental updates to Managers
- Departmental health and safety compliance; toolbox training, accident prevention, injury prevention, equipment safety, as well as compliance with all company goals and objectives
- Manufacturing aerospace experience
- Leadership experience
- BA/S or equivalent education in Engineering or similar technical area
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Proficient with Lean Manufacturing work area practices including 5-S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, work center metrics, and continuous improvement processes and able to instruct others in these practices
- Strong leadership skills at all levels, good work ethic. Ability to professionally communicate and direct the work of others
- Basic English language skills and ability to read, follow, and interpret work instructions
- Willingness to learn and develop and/or train others
- Microsoft Excel skills
This requisition is closed to applications.