With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Special Metals is the world leader in the invention, production and supply of high-nickel alloys for critical applications.
Special Metals has over a century of expertise creating high-performance alloys products engineered for the most brutal, mission-critical services in the industry.
With its focus on research and technology, Special Metals has invented and developed a large majority of the commercial nickel-based superalloys offered in the market today and is one of the largest volume suppliers of nickel superalloys.
Special Metals' time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications.
Special Metals does more than just invent, develop and make high-performance alloys. Special Metals provides comprehensive metallurgical solutions in the toughest environments and helps customers manage, maintain and optimize the use of premium metals through a range of mission-critical, value-added services.
- Manage Safety proactively through quality maintenance activities and interaction with production personnel.
- Supervise maintenance employees including Electricians, Millwright/welders,
- Lead maintenance personnel to resolve equipment and facility issues.
- Accountable for quality and quantity of maintenance work performed on shift.
- Implement predictive, preventative and planned programs enabling optimum equipment performance through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - MVP
- Track and manage spare parts inventory, repair of repairable assets/components and maintenance workplace organization (6S)
- Supervise troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of large manufacturing equipment that includes pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems. Emphasis on cranes, furnaces and material handling.
- Apply knowledge of predictive/preventative maintenance, welding and cutting equipment, basic electrical controls, drive systems, basic fabrication, fluid systems, and lubrication.
- Recommend and implement systems and processes to improve productivity, product quality and employee safety.
- Maintain a “productivity pipeline” of improvement actions beyond required maintenance actions.
- Specifically understand the operating costs of the top ten equipment and take action to reduce the operating cost or improve the cost / operating hour. i.e. improve lifespan
- Identify training needs and capability "gaps"; implement / schedule / purchase training and development plans for maintenance employees to ensure employee competency.
- Resolve issues impacting employee and/or operational
- Administer company policies and procedures.
- Analyze operating performance with plant leadership and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective systems for employee communications, continuous improvement and other systems that support business objectives.
- Assure appropriate staffing for shift, weekend, and project workloads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Trades plus five years’ experience or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NEMA, and National Electrical Code.
- Electrical, mechanical skills and experience to determine equipment, material and manpower needs to develop and coordinate equipment repair and changeover processes.
- Must be proficient in the use of communications techniques (oral and written; speaking and listening) to transmit ideas to individuals and groups.
- Must have good analytical, decision-making and leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of analytical tools and techniques to analyze data, train others and participate in teams and find solutions to problems.
- Must be team oriented.
- Incumbent is expected to collaborate with superiors and/or peers for advice and guidance on matters, which have a significant impact on the business.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and track multiple projects.
- CMMS and PLC experience necessary.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to collect, organize, and interpret data and develop recommendations.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with all employee populations.
- Proficiency with PC applications, preferably Microsoft (word processor, spreadsheets).
- Must be available for off shift and weekend work if necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.