With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing, a PCC Company, a part of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide support, priorities and direction to the Quality Manager and all inspection personnel.
- Prioritize and direct the flow of work through the Quality Department.
- Manage staff consistent with company standards (interviews, hiring, performance appraisals, discipline, training, development).
- Plan and manage Quality Department activities and performance against established targets.
- Manager Customer Quality Notifications, DMRs, complaints, RMAs, etc.
- Perform, track and maintain internal Corrective and Preventive Actions in accordance with company procedures and QMS.
- Develop and maintain systems to measure company performance metrics against established standards.
- Use feedback from customers, performance metrics, and other internal systems to recommend and assist in CI activities.
- Liaise and cooperate with customers and suppliers when necessary (where impacting or affecting quality issues, audit results, etc).
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Responsible for the success of the company ISO process.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.