With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Work within PCC Division structure to review both new and existing processes looking for key areas where PLM Automation and/or Knowledge-Based Applications could be utilized to increase profitability.
- Work with team from Dassault Systemes to architect, implement, and customize ENOVIA within PCC Aerostructures.
- Work with NC Programmers where appropriate to get their input on new automation or knowledge-based projects.
- Work to existing project plans outlining the PLM technologies to be leveraged, the application architecture, timeline, schedule, resources, and risks required in implementing a solution.
- Develop, test, and implement automation project or knowledge-based applications.
- Develop and follow metrics for each application from project definition through ROI attainment.
- Maintain corporate knowledge on latest PLM Technologies and bring these to the attention of the Director of Technology & Innovation as needed.
- Help maintain library of corporate IP around PLM Knowledgeware and Visual Basic Components so that new projects could be developed faster and all previous PCC Aerostructures investments can be leveraged.
- Support all internal automation projects and knowledge-based applications as they enter production until internal PCC Aerostructures IT Support can take over.
- Test all applications when upgrades are being considered.
- Develop, Implement, and Support connections between new automation projects and knowledge-based applications and existing PCC Aerostructures Systems.
- May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as needed.
- Expert-level knowledge of Dassault Systemes PLM Solutions including CATIA (V4/V5/V6), DELMIA, and ENOVIA.
- Expert-level knowledge of Dassault Systemes Knowledgeware solutions including Common Knowledge Tools, Knowledge Advisor, Knowledge Expert, Product Knowledge Templates, and Manufacturing Process Templates.
- Expert-level knowledge of Dassault Systemes automation tools including V5 and V6 Visual Basic and VSTA API’s.
- Knowledge of Dassault Systemes Manufacturing Solutions including NC Programming and Administration.
- 5+ Years’ experience in PLM Process optimization with specialization in automation projects.
- Proficient in the following programming languages: Visual Studio.NET, VBA, VSTA, and Java.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.