CNC Machinist - Swing Shift
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
investment castings in both aluminum and stainless steel. With over 150,000 square feet of
manufacturing space, we specialize in castings for aerospace, energy, medical equipment and
• Sets-up and operates CNC machining equipment.
• Performs visual and dimensional inspection on product per procedures.
• Performs deburr operations.
• Performs dimensional inspection on product using a CMM, calipers, micrometers and height gauges.
• Identifies when changes with set-up procedures are necessary.
• Performs preventative maintenance on machining equipment.
• Troubleshoots machining programs.
• Maintains lot integrity.
• Ensures paperwork is properly done.
• Helps other areas as needed.
• Able to work in a production environment.
• Able to read and comprehend English.
• Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Able to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. continuously.
• Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
• Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence.
• Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Able to complete PCC Ogden Machinist certifications required in grade system.
• Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 in on eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches. Corrected or uncorrected.
• Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
• Willing to work overtime as needed.
• Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
• Able to meet individual quality and productivity requirements.
• 3-5 years relevant machining experience
• Machinist certification from a technical school highly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.