Engineering Co-Op (Part-time)
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
• Inspects parts for dimensional compliance using complex fixtures and gauging, such as height gages, dial indicators, snap gauges, profilometers and other devices as required.
• Transports castings into and out of inspection area.
• Performs hardness checks on castings.
• Follows all specifications on Tech Cards.
• Develops and maintains open, clear and professional communications with all levels of staff. This communication is to be aimed at identifying obstacles to success and developing a plan to address those issues.
• Recommends modifications to improve reliability and productivity within the plant.
• Works with management to develop solutions to recurring problems.
• Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others
• Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
• Ability to manage projects with competing deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Sound judgement
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.