With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
• Support site initiatives for Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and productivity improvements.
• Support and meet development and production schedules, driving productivity, and quality initiatives.
• Determine and support development of the proper manufacturing processes for heat treating of required components.
• Evaluate and improve manufacturing processes for improvement of product flow, cost, and First Time Yield (FTY).
• Introduce and implement SPC techniques and associated measurement and control systems.
• Promote customer satisfaction and develop positive customer relationships.
• Maintain and improve supplier vendor quality to include material reviews, audits, corrective actions, and continuous improvement.
• Provide direction, leadership, and technical support for operations.
• Analyze technical drawings and data and offer configuration changes to enhance product manufacturability.
• Assist and develop training program initiatives.
• Root Cause investigation and analysis for development of corrective actions implementations to continuously improve processes while reducing defects.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Performs other duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
• Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
• Constant exposure to moderate noise
• Exposure to hazardous chemical environment
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes, odors, hot / cold temperatures, inside / outside noise vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces.
• Must be able to support after hours and weekends.
• Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
• Working knowledge of CAD software, preferably Catia.
• Working knowledge of portable CMS systems and inspection software is a plus, preferably Polyworks.
• Working knowledge of Synchronous Manufacturing and Kaizen process improvement techniques such as process mapping etc.
• Ability to interpret drawings and customers’ specifications to create work instructions.
• Interact with vendors and supplies to find solutions to manufacturing issues.
• Ability to use ERP / MRP Systems.
• Ability to manage projects in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly resolve manufacturing issues to keep product flow through the facility i.e., sense of urgency.
• Display a positive “can do” attitude.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to interact with hourly team members and to provide clear, concise instructions.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously or as a team member
• Ability to support a 24/ 7 manufacturing operation includes holidays, weekends, and off-shifts
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.