NDT Penetrant Tech Level II
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate indications for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the PT method.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
- Be capable of reading and applying controls as required by customer specifications, codes, standards, and engineering drawings that control the PT method.
- Be capable of developing work instructions from general procedures for approval by the Responsible Level III.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the investment casting process as well as the TIG welding process.
- Must be confident and capable to perform PT inspections on the most complex castings.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize all special inspection equipment including UV borescopes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have the proven ability to consistently and adequately detect, evaluate, and identify the type or nature of surface indications to determine part conformance to the established acceptance criteria and with a degree of inspection accuracy that ensures defect escapes are a rare event.
- Must be capable of determining the most economical action needed to repair defective conditions by welding, blending, or other repair operations when allowed.
- Complete all required inspection records, certifications, and originate rework operations to repair castings using a variety of internal forms.
- Must have the Ability to direct, perform, and document all process control checks as required. (duplicated remove)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Engineering or Supervision on technical matters or test results.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material or equipment, and report these and any unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must meet the minimum experience and classroom training elements as required by NAS 410 and PCC Procedure RI 4.1 for certification to Level II.
- Must successfully pass all qualification and requalification exams without restrictions and maintain certification as a PT Level II inspector.
- Use simple shop mathematics.
- Work from engineering drawings, specifications, charts and tables.
- Use various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Apply specialized technical or trades knowledge equivalent to 5 years of trade training.
- More than 5 years casting experience performing inspections as a certified PT Level 1 Inspector Technician A and with the demonstrated ability to perform reliable and accurate inspections on the most complex castings using all specialized inspection equipment including UV borescope.
- If internal certification is revoked for audit failure or excessive returns, the technician will not qualify for this position for 2 years from the date of revocation.
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
- *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 50 lbs.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.