Sales Manager Lead
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Responsible for developing process and plans to meet internal and external metrics for Sales Forecasts and Delivery Commitments
• Drive adherence both internally and externally to all Customer Contract requirements and processes
• Site level contracts expert for coordination of all contracts related actions, processes, and activities
• Site based Export Compliance Control & Sox Process Owner for MTTP
• Lead MTTP new opportunity quoting activities, and develop path to additional part scope at existing and new customers
• First Level customer escalation contact
• Develop and manage “On Time Starts” process to increase On Time Delivery
• Oversee all site level activities to ensure processes are adhered to for Sales Order entry, Sales order revision, document storage and retention, etc.
• Develop and deliver a scheduled metrics package to core customer groups to improve WGPA standing as a class leader for customer support.
• Oversee / Maintain customer schedules and provide feedback from operations regarding delivery status. Negotiate order schedule adjustments as required to support the business needs.
• Ensure we have adequate support and back up for site-based employees on all customer portal needs
• Interaction with all internal departments including accounting / engineering / production / operations / quality and purchasing to resolve any open issues related to customer product or delivery.
• Administering commercial and government contracts for domestic and overseas customers. Manage Purchase Order amendments for changes.
• Coordination of quote activity and paperwork. Perform follow-up on quote awards.
• Perform contract review on new orders verifying accuracy to the quote after award. Work with customer to correct any discrepancies.
• Initiate / Drive internal and customer meetings. Act as liaison between internal departments to address any open issues related to delivery and order issues.
• Responsible for generation and analysis of Sales related reports. Create Charts / Graphs as required to support the sales department
• Should have a general understanding of shipping procedures including Export Compliance requirements
• Understand auditing requirements including AS9100 / ISO and Sox Compliance
• Perform a variety of tasks and duties as assigned.
• Oversee and manage all Export Compliance responsibilities.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs / Excel and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.