Shipping-Receiving - Level Two
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Obtain job assignments from supervisor or manager.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders and verify documentation
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Prepare materials for inspections
- Basic system transactions
- Basic packaging tasks (load kits, labeling, visual inspection etc.)
- Creating basic shipping documentation
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily housekeeping / 6S activities as required.
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Perform daily vehicle inspections
- Read shippers and verify load for accuracy
- Operate a forklift
- Safely load and unload material onto truck
- Perform visual inspection to verify no defects or damage
- Establish own routes in order to accomplish set delivery objectives
- Occasionally delivery outside of local area
- Observe all safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to the Business Quality Management System (BQMS)
- Assist with packaging as appropriate
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience; prior military experience; or technical certification / degree required
- Basic English language skills and the ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Forklift Certified (Internal)
- Basic knowledge of shipping processes & equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Licensed driver with a clean driving record
- Ability to read and comprehend shipping documents
- Ability to verify part quantity and perform visual inspection for defects or damage
- The ability to perform basic shop math, fractions, decimals.
- The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents - basic computer skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.