Co-Op/Intern - Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS)
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Track all necessary training using the internal tracking system
• Prepare necessary documents/packs for upcoming audits (e.g. OSHA)
• Assist with organizing and/or creating EHS policies by creating physical and electronic library
• Assist with background/support material in gathering for EHS policy creating, implementation, and training
• Assist with implementation of EHS Regional initiatives
• Assist with implementation and maintenance of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) project program to include tracking progress; scheduling meetings; communicating status to stakeholders; motivating others
• Must have completed a minimum of 10 credits with an average GPA of 3.0 or better
• Preferred major field of study to be in Occupational Safety, Environmental or other related to the position.
• Compose internal/external letters and memos
• Good verbal communication skills
• Data entry using MS Office, QAD, or other software systems
• Analyze statistical data
• Follow instructions
• Perform other duties as assigned