Co-Op/Intern - Human Resources
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Enhance New Hire Orientation to include implementation of HR presentation and eliminate paper waste.
• Assist with revising the Employee Handbook to ensure policies are compliant with current federal and state laws and align with other PCC-WG local facilities.
• Assist with staffing & recruiting functions, such as creating requisitions, posting jobs, setting up interviews, drafting offer letters, and dispositioning candidates in the applicant tracking system
• Engage in outreach efforts to build relationships with local technical trade schools for possible apprenticeship program
• Maintain electronic training tracker by adding training records, updating certifications, and running reports to identify upcoming renewal requirements
• Respond to internal and external inquiries, such as employment verifications, wage garnishments, unemployment claims, FMLA requests, etc.
• Record management (data entry, filing, archiving, shredding, etc.)
• Must have completed a minimum of 20 credits with an average GPA of 3.0 or better
• Preferred major field of study to be related to the position.
• Compose internal/external communications
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, body language, listening)
• Data entry using MS Suite products and/or internal software systems
• Analyze statistical data and report metrics
• Perform other confidential administrative tasks as assigned