With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Tilton specializes in complex air and vacuum aluminum investment cast components for aerospace, military, energy, and commercial applications.
- Support policies, programs, and projects to abate workplace hazards.
- Support and train employees on safety procedures to meet the needs of production and help facility with plant specific issues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of various EH&S programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Participate in periodic reviews/audits, including air, water, and hazardous wastes, to verify that safety and environmental programs meet or exceed the established federal/state regulations. Execute safety audits & inspections as needed.
- Evaluate facilities pursuant to safety conditions. Identity areas of concern and advise management of any, and all safety concerns. Provide recommendations and interpretation of safety requirements to resolve safety concerns.
- Schedule and participate in accident and incident investigations to reveal root cause and correction action required.
- Generate and submit safety and environmental reports, including Form R, Annual Hazardous Waste Generator Report, Waste Water Discharge Reports, OSHA 300 Logs, etc., as required.
- Research and write permit applications and complete permit reporting requirements.
- Maintain all records and documents pertaining to OSHA, EPA, and PCC regulations.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and any deficiencies are minimized and corrected.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the field of EHS in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local EH&S regulations.
- Operation and Maintenance of mechanical systems.
- AS9100 knowledge helpful.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups to meet established time lines.
This requisition is closed to applications.