With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Administer and enforce company policies and practices
- Maintain employee records including payroll, personnel files, and training documentation
- Manage timekeeping and employee hours in preparation for payroll processing
- Responsible for legal compliance and reporting
- Resolve employee conflicts and coach managers on how to address employee relations issues
- Partner with managers to recruit, interview, select, and onboard new employees
- Manage annual performance management and merit process
- Support/lead and implement various HR projects and initiatives
- Assist facility Safety Champion with safety, health, security programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment including effective disability claims management, corporate prevention programs
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a generalist HR role
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Working knowledge of employment law (ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, etc)
- Keen sense of time management and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- A clear and succinct communicator (verbal and written)
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS)