With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Special Metals is the world leader in the invention, production and supply of high-nickel alloys for critical applications.
Special Metals has over a century of expertise creating high-performance alloy products engineered for the most brutal, mission-critical services in the industry.
With its focus on research and technology, Special Metals has invented and developed a large majority of the commercial nickel-based superalloys offered in the market today and is the one of the largest volume suppliers of nickel superalloys.
Special Metals’ time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications.
Special Metals does more than just invent, develop and make high-performance alloys. Special Metals provides comprehensive metallurgical solutions in the toughest environments and helps customers manage, maintain and optimize the use of premium metals through a range of mission-critical, value-added services.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for cost analysis and various reporting and analysis on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, including sales, production and cost tracking and reporting. This position will also assist with forecast and budget preparation.
- Prepare daily and weekly reporting and distribute weekly charts to management.
- Responsible for sales, production and cost tracking reporting and analysis.
- Manage annual standards review and implementation.
- Manage cost productivity pipelines.
- Work closely with Revert operation supervisors to analyze and improve cost savings.
- Assist in month-end financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly Management Operating Review package.
- Assist with monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Perform various financial analysis (i.e. forecast/budget variances, quarterly comparisons, sales and margins bridges).
- Blackline Administrator.
- Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Conduct and Sox guidelines.
- Manage special finance projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a financial analyst, cost accounting, or related role.
- Understanding of Microsoft Access Databases, ERP systems and Business Intelligence Reporting software.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office and internet applications.
- Ability to perform advanced Excel spreadsheet functions.
- Experience with Financial Management systems such as Oracle and Great Plains.
- Detail Oriented.
- High level of self-motivation, takes the initiative to perform and succeed.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and complete projects.
- Able to work outside normal office hours as business requires.
- Performs all aspects of the position according to the PCC Code of Ethics and SOX guidelines.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and use own initiative.
- Understanding of Financial Accounting Standards (FAS).
Physical Dimensions Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands – Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position with repetitive hand motions. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office area to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, copy machine, calculator and computer printer.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with minimal exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, and noise.
- Experience with multi-site accounting environment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.