Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Originally founded in 1883 in Worcester, MA, the Wyman-Gordon Company boasts more than 125 years of forging experience and first manufactured forgings for the aerospace industry during WWI. Recognizing the need for more expansive heavy manufacturing capabilities to support larger and more advanced aircraft designs, the Department of Defense built the forging facility now located in North Grafton, MA in 1946, equipping it initially with an 18,000 ton closed-die press. In 1953, the facility was expanded to include the 35,000 and 50,000 ton presses in what was referred to as the “Air Force Heavy Press Program”. From this program’s inception, Wyman-Gordon was chosen to operate the North Grafton facility due to the company’s long-term experience and reputation in the industry. In 1988, Wyman-Gordon purchased the facility outright from the U.S. Government and ran it as a private company until 1999 when Wyman-Gordon was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC).
Today, Wyman-Gordon has diversified its product portfolio beyond military applications to include forgings for many civil airliner and power generation applications. The 50,000 ton press is the largest operating in North America and is considered a strategic national industrial asset due to its essential nature in supporting various critical military aircraft production programs.
control, eliminating non-conforming processes and products, complying with customer and corporate Quality System requirements, and Quality team leadership and HR development.
- Oversees the daily task assignments of direct reports as well as supervise and prioritizes tasks as necessary to assure schedule compliance.
- Manages and oversees all inspections of parts, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
- Performs Interface with inspection and manufacturing personnel on technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
- Reviews and approves all revisions to internal process procedures and Quality system procedures to assure that documentation meets current regulatory and customer requirements. (I.e. NADCAP and AS9100).
- Schedules and reviews internal and external audits to assure that any out of compliances with product, processes, or procedures are identified, documented, and corrected.
- Represents Company during all customer and regulatory audits.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company goals, policies and procedures.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions being taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Designs and implements training programs to all quality personnel.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Maintains a clean, organized and work area.
- Adheres to all PCC & PCI specific safety and Cardinal Rules of Quality requirements Develops internal quality metrics to measure the QMS effectiveness
- Works well within a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager preferred
- Six Sigma Greenbelt / Blackbelt preferred
- 5-7 years of Aerospace experience
- 2-3 years in a leadership role
- Production machining processes, quality controls, and costs.
- Understand/use inspection techniques for effective control of Internal & delivered part quality, cost, and schedule in the manufacture of aerospace machined parts
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership, teaming; and production methods.
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Expert level root cause corrective action skills
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels.
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Aggressive Leadership
- Drive for results
- Holds people accountable
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.