With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 13 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe
• Comply with established procedures and/or special instruction in the loading of ovens with shells and flasks.
• Maintain proper temperatures; pull flasks or shells for pouring; position.
• Perform other preparatory operations as specified check temperature, skim and pour: dispose of as instructed.
• Exercise care in pouring operations to comply with specified procedures and practices; avoid damages, non-fills, or injuries through mishandling. Take sample of melt and tag.
• Maintain melting pot and crucibles, repatch and replace as necessary. Maintain ladles and set aside for knock-out and ram operations.
• Perform cleaning maintenance of ovens, notify supervisor of any unusual conditions.
• Detect and report improper operation and unusual conditions to proper supervision. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
• Constant care necessary to prevent injury to others, due to the inherent hazards of the job
• Performs a variety of other duties and tasks of equal or less complexity as assigned by supervisor.
• Keep the work area clean and orderly
High School Diploma/GED
• Heavy physical demand consisting of frequently lifting or moving average weight materials, pouring molds, handling dewaxing flasks and performing other duties
• Continuous mental and visual attention in checking, pouring performing other related duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.