Machinist - 2nd Shift
With more than 120 operations and about 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. PCC has over 120 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and China.
Progressive was founded and incorporated in 1971 in Arlington, Texas. Heroux-Devtek Inc. purchased Progressive in 2004 who helped to expand the site which has doubled its manufacturing footprint and more than doubled sales and employee base. In August 2012, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) acquired Progressive, and is now one of the largest footprints within the Aerostructures Division of PCC.
Predominantly, a provider for large, highly complex machined parts, kits and assemblies for OEMs and large Tier One providers for both military and commercial market segments. Progressive Incorporated is now a 271,000 square foot facility.
- Work Order Interaction
- Job Order Documentation
- Lot traceability
- DPR, ETC.
- Tools – General & Inspection
- Hand Tools (Wrenches etc.)
- Optical Comparator
- Indicator & Edge Finder
- Height Gauge
- Bore Gauge
- Equipment & Area Maintenance
- Coolant Level
- Oil & Lubes
- Cleanliness/Organization (6S)
- Equipment Setup-Technique
- Machine Setup (Loading Fixture, Tools & Program)
- Machine Setup (Setting Work & Tool Offsets)
- Machine Operation
- Part Loading
- Machine Control (Distance to Go, Feed Override, etc.)
- Machine Safety (LOTO, etc.)
- Adjusting Offsets
- Machinist Related Cross Training
- Operate Lathe/Mill
- Deburr & Edge-Breaking
- Operate Horizontal 2X
- Set up Vertical 3X
- Set up Horizontal 2X
- Part Protection
- Part Handling
- Chip Clearing
- Manage Tool Wear
- Stop & Start Program Correctly
- Productivity & Quality
- Basic Print Reading
- Meets Production Goals
- Read & Fill Check Sheets
- In Process Inspection (FAI, Buy Off, etc.)
- Moderate Complexity Bench Inspection
- Other duties as assigned
o Hand Tools (Wrenches etc.)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Machinist certificate strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of experience; 4-6 years of experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency of Machinist – Level 1 competencies
- Basic shop math
- Read basic technical documentation and drawings after receiving training
- Familiarity with hand measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, air gauges, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to read and verify manufacturing order documentation
- Read and understand written work
- Ability to learn
- Positive model for company culture (preferred)
- Ability to train others (preferred)
- Machine Alarm recovery (preferred)
- Advanced tool life monitoring (preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.